Hi, I'm Aquatiki. I tend to obsess over languages for a long time and be years in development. In grad school, I studied Semitics (Hebrew and related languages), and I got into conlanging as a fun way to be sure I understood what I was learning.
Fake Worlds and Their Fake Languages
I'm almost exclusively interested in "mash-langs", i.e. combining existing language. My main worlds are:
- Universal Languages - Helping making zonal unity possible
- Dan'a'yo - Sinosphere
- User:Aquatiki/Neo-Sanskrit - Hindi Belt (Indo-Aryan languages)
- Intralingua - Romance-language world
- Folksprak - Germania (Germanic languages)
- User:Aquatiki/Kintu - Bantusphere (Bantu languages)
- User:Aquatiki/Indo-Malaysian - Maritime Southeast Asia
- Guosa - West Africa
- Interslavic - Slavisphere
- Middle Semitic - Israel+Arab_World
- User:Aquatiki/MSEAL - Indochina
- User:Aquatiki/Dravindian - South India
- User:Aquatiki/Zens - Greater Persia
- Jalpi - Pan-Turkey
- User:Aquatiki/SEDES - Ethiopian language area
- Possibly stop here
- Balkan - Balkans
- Samboka - Finno-Ugric languages
- User:Aquatiki/Caucas - Caucasus
- Tok Pisin - Papua New Guinea
- One only subtly different from our own; barely any difference in history
- Weddish is an auxlang, with an overly extensive history. Old Frisian became influenced by Old Welsh, was conquered by Hebrew, and once again returned to the Welsh.
- Oceanic Hebrew
- Proto-Austronesian Hebrew
- Primarily using Ugaritic, I have reconstructed a best-guess of what Hebrew sounded like in 1000 B.C. and imagined what would happen if they were hauled off to the Philippines and interacted with something like Proto-Austronesian or Tagalog.
- Proto-Polynesian Hebrew
- Using the previous language as a base, I plan on mashing up Hebrew with Māori
- An utterly polysynthetic exolang, completely without nouns.
Some other ideas I'm kicking around include: Summerian-Chinese, Ge'ez-Korean, Gothic Korean, and Sino-Syriac
I use aquatiki just about everywhere on the internet.
Should you ever feel a dire need of contacting me, simply leave me a message at my discussion page