Let your words always be gracious, seasoned with salt.
Hi, I'm Aquatiki. I tend to obsess over language for a long time and be years in development. In grad school, I studied Semitics (Hebrew and related languages), and I got into conlanging as a fun way to be sure I understood what I was learning.
Fake Worlds and Their Fake Languages
I'm almost exclusively interested in "mash-langs", i.e. combining existing language. My main worlds are:
- One where people learn my naturalistic auxlangs
- Esperanto for the w:East Asian cultural sphere, languages who have Chinese in their background.
- Weddish is an Ergative, Dual, Anti-Abstraction Yiddish auxlang. It was made for a class on marriage, so it's meant to encourage better communication, especially for Jews who intermarry and Systematic Theologians who like Biblical Theology.
- Oceanic Hebrew
- Proto-Austronesian Hebrew
- Primarily using Ugaritic, I have reconstructed a best-guess of what Hebrew sounded like in 1000 B.C. and imagined what would happen if they were hauled off to the Philippines and interacted with something like Proto-Austronesian or Tagalog.
- Proto-Polynesian Hebrew
- Using the previous language as a base, I plan on mashing up Hebrew with Māori
- An utterly polysynthetic exolang, completely without nouns.
Some other ideas I'm kicking around include: Summerian-Chinese, Ge'ez-Korean, Gothic Korean, and Sino-Syriac
I use aquatiki just about everywhere on the internet. As far as a conlang presence goes, I started out on Frathwiki. It is fine, but Linguifex seems much more polished. Wikia was really limiting.
Should you ever feel a dire need of contacting me, simply leave me a message at my discussion page!