Að Eegoþlu Fyxoom (Eevo)
|Largest city||Tlum Ger|
|Official languages||none; de facto Eevo|
|Government||Federal parliamentary representative democracy|
• Prime Minister
Fyxoom (English: fə-SHOME; Eevo: /fəˈʃɔʊm/), officially the Fyxoom Federation (Eevo: að Eegoþlu Fyxoom /əð ɛɪˈgɔθʟy fəˈʃɔʊm/), is the largest Eevophone country on the planet Tricin. It is mainly inspired by the United States.
Its current prime minister is Arcol Riþcmo of the All Sentience Party, who is trained as a psychologist.
- 1 Ideas
- 2 Name
- 3 Anthem
- 4 History
- 5 Geography
- 6 Demographics
- 7 Culture
- 8 Society
- 9 Politics and government
- 10 Currency
- 11 Some notable figures
Fyxoom allows the formation of local communities with local laws to an extent, which people can exit freely. There is a public education system so that parents can't indoctrinate their children within the communities.
- Western Fyxoom: cultural rebels
- Cnollta: rural and backward
- Eastern Fyxoom: old elites
- Sirahda area: neurotic
- Lleeband: exuberant Silicon Valley culture
Tigol, Windermere and Tseezh place names
The name Fyxoom (Windermere: Fəșoəm /fəˈʃoəm/) was originally a Windermere-style acronym from Fylníaj, Xool, as Mypzóor (Windermere: Fəlniəy, Șoəl, te Məpłoər - Fylniaj, Xool, and Mypzoor), which are the names of the original three states.
Music: high limit JI, "sad", slow
Lyrics: Iambic pentameter
The first settlers
The first Fyxoomian settlers were from Txapoalli.
Historically, many immigrants were Anbirese, Qazhrian, Swuntsim, Shumian, Clofabian or Dodellian. Also Txapoallian immigrants, especially Naquian, Crockarit, and Hetmic.
- Lleeband (Lleeband Special Autonomous Region)
Todo: 2-word city names
- Ercłis Serñ
- Iŋa's Moh
- Tlum Ger
- Caþr Serñ
- Gyðam Sre
- Llahar Sre
- Anvirese (16%)
- Skellans (15%)
- Qenians (10%)
- Skellans (8%)
- Qazhrians (6%)
- Swuntsim (1%)
The Fyxoomian literary tradition did not always develop in a single stream; often it had multiple competing traditions.
These Fyxoomian writers looked back on the cultural heritage of their Talman forebears, drawing upon and recombining and newly creating myths. Neoclassicism was mainly popular among the elites of society.
Fyxoomian Llyméer Saiñ codified the Eetøøm accent of Skellan during this period, which serves a similar role to the Bühnendeutsch pronunciation standard in German.
"Postmodernist" (not quite the same as Earth postmodernism) literature took a bitter, sarcastic, ironic turn, following culture at large. Postmodernism reflects the aftermath of the Great Recession of 943dd (1347), a dark period in Fyxoomian history.
This movement started in Lleeband by ___ but has since been somewhat adapted for more mainstream tastes.
- ???: a moderately well-known sci-fi series about a sentient race with a biological caste system that determines one's occupation. This series is more popular in Sowaárp'í, where it is interpreted as a commentary on the Sowaár class system. There is also an opera adaptation by Segin Þwhgad.
As Fyxoom experienced waves of more diverse immigrants, immigration became a heated issue. Some favored open borders, but some favored "vetting" and a loud minority was explicitly xenophobic.
Some representative writers during this period:
Climate change has caused an uptick in immigration from tropical areas, especially from low-lying areas in Northern Txapoalli (some areas of Naquiz and Shalia) and Southern Dodellia.
Much like the Great Calamities at the end of Talman antiquity, the climate crisis has also caused many to question their values and encouraged them to engage with the "spiritual" part of their minds. Most people just became more religiously fervent in their current religion. But there also arose new spiritualities, mostly centered around getting people to reduce their environmental impact, help others most affected by climate-related disasters, and promoting activism.
Some of the new spiritualities that arose are:
- Effective Spirituality, a "meta-spirituality" inspired by effective altruist principles that aims to use spirituality to help the follower lead an "action-oriented life": to do the most utilitarian good possible
- Some Yunyalīlta-semblant religion that teaches that disharmony with nature and living beyond one's means are sins; "sin is real and we must act as if sin is real"
Politics and government
Like Germany, Fyxoom is a federal parliamentary republic.
Until recently Fyxoom had used a FPTP voting system. After a major movement to reform this voting system, it switched to ranked choice voting.
There is a split between a conservative faction (Republican Democrats, Liberty, and Guardians of Fyxoom), and a newly ascendant futurist-socialist-environmentalist coalition (Laborers', Green and All Sentience). The two largest parties are the Laborers' Party and the Republican Democrats; the smaller parties in each wing are trying to shift the Overton window of the main party their way (Greens vs. All Sentience for Laborers'; Liberty vs. Guardians for RepubDems). Old guard politicians, such as the Republican Democrats (for example former PM Hølgi Mercáz-Smool), are widely disliked.
- Laborers' Party(að Ajzwñd Nwþyvwr; AnÞ): standard socdem stuff, plus legalize prostitution and flirting with ecosocialism
- Green Party(að Ajzwñd Bes; AB): ecosocialism, degrowth
- All Sentience Party(að Ajzwñd Baw Vyllwaru; BV): left libertarianism, transhumanism, often called the Pinks.
- Main platform:
- UBI funded by wealth tax
- rehabilitative justice (reduce or eliminate prison sentences for nonviolent crimes; abolish death penalty)
- animal rights (divest from animal agriculture, subsidize cultured and plant-based meat)
- child rights
- universal cryonics
- privacy and free speech rights
- fund carbon removal research
- open borders?
- Main platform:
- Guardians of Fyxoom(na Nwfitsna Fyxoom; NwFF): nativism; "states' rights"; ultra-Mărotłites; ultra-Ngronaists
- Liberty Party(að Ajzwñd Hylrygeen; HR): libertarianism
- Republican Democrats(na Nwsipaxfaj Nwtylisral; nSnT): traditional centrism
- For the Animals (Lly vrel Çallt): often considered an animal liberation single issue party. Calls to reduce suffering of wild animals as well as that of farmed animals.
Recent political crises
The Republican Democrats held a referendum that would give states and individual communities much more autonomy and power. The Fyxoomian electorate voted in favor of Rohyxoom (rohys 'cut up' + Fyxoom), as the "Lumpers" called it. Rohyxoom would effectively allow individual states and communities to make their own rules regarding almost anything, and greatly weaken enforcement of federal laws and the public school system.
Many were outraged by the referendum result because of fears that it would make abuse easier in certain communities.
Psychiatrist Arcol Riþcmo won the party leadership contest in the All Sentience Party in an upset, in a divisive general election in [year]. Riþcmo wanted to respect the referendum result and proposed a division that would keep a role of the federal government and the public school system in place, in order to
- Maintain free interchange of goods and services between states.
- Guarantee immigration rights and exit rights for people in communities.
- Make public schools mandatory and have them educate children about basic knowledge and political rights (including freedom to leave abusive parents).
But critics said that any kind of Rohyxoom would be detrimental for human rights and for the economy.
The currency is the xoom, and one cmen is 1/144 xoom.
Some notable figures
- Smrehtaið Awvliam - Mathematician and music theorist
- Mavor Tswcyn - essayist
- Upyð Ftso - Swuntsim-Fyxoomian poet
- Ilsála Ñooganin - Fyxoomian actor and director
- Rewhd Glarys (Rjokt Glareus) - Anbirese-Fyxoomian actress
- Hna Col-i (Schnab Kön-Ig) - Hlou-Fyxoomian physicist?
- Txyc Noris - conlanger who creates weird and unnaturalistic languages
- Tro Bolryñ et al. - invented a process for producing vegan gelatin and vegan leather (used e.g. for hide glue for violins) from genetically engineered yeast
- Intar Zdüvosjicw (Zduvoxicł) - inventor of the Zdüvosjicw keyboard layout